Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Flexitarian

I cannot lie, I admit it. I got sucked into watching "Tiger King," a Netflix documentary. It has taken social media by storm. Maybe this is our way of finding something zany to connect about during this social distancing and quarantine we find ourselves relegated to.

As I watched the mishandling of magnificent wild animals, I wondered if this popular show would spike the shaming of people who still like and need meat for their protein needs. Healthy, humanely sourced protein for survival? There are many of us who do very well on the Paleo and Keto way of eating.

We don't escape the need for a variety of nutrients to feed the body. No matter what's in style or the new trendy way to eat. Food rituals can be powerful. Make sure you are aware of your own nutritional needs. 

Don't eat this, don't eat that. Count your carbs, calories, the fat you eat and write down everything you put in your mouth. Did you feel a touch of anxiety creep up your spine? I do.

One of nature's most necessary activities has been reduced to another job and another way to make a person feel bad about themselves. As if they have no discipline or order in their lives.

Where is the grace in all of this? Where is the joy that feeds the soul as it's feeding the body? Where is the balance that creates wellness in the spirit and the soul.

Don't give in to fads and food shame if you don't choose to eat a certain way. I don't want to give up on food pleasures I grew up enjoying. So, through trial and error I found a replacement for chocolate cake in a chocolate protein powder. There are many goods one on the market. As another healthy dessert alternative, I mix a full scoop with one-fourth cup of water in a small bowl and put it in the refrigerator. It makes a delicious, satisfying chocolate pudding.

Mother Nature provides a rich and vast buffet of sources of food. Find your food lane, your body stoke that satisfies your every need for joy, health and grace.

Happy Body, Happy Life!

Most of my friends are vegan and vegetarian. Their astrological signs are found in air, water and fire. I am the only earth sign, meat-eater in the bunch! Unlike my friends, I am very flexible in my food choices. Even though I am a "meat-eater," I don't care for the label.

We got creative and "The Flexitarian" was born!

Take care, be safe, enjoy your meals and live as healthy as you can.

Bon Appetit Friends,

"The Flexitarian "

No comments:

Post a Comment